If you are looking for the Best Tablet for Cricut Design Space, then this is the article for you.
For both professional craftsmen and DIY enthusiasts, tablets have slowly replaced laptops and computers as efficient devices for Cricut design space.
Most modern tablets will not only allow you to work on designs, but will also allow you to send finished designs without problems to your Cricut Explore 2 Machine or Cricut maker.
In this article, I will explain the best tablets you can buy for Cricut design space and why plus their pros and cons.
I will also explain the factors to consider when choosing the best ones.
Best Tablet For Cricut Design Space
- Apple iPad 12.9 (2022) Best tablet for Cricut Overall Our Pick
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Best Android Tablet for Cricut on a budget
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra Best Android Tablet for Cricut Design Space
- iPad Air Best iPad for Cricut Design Space (value for money)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Best Windows tablet for Cricut
- Lenovo Ideapad Duet Chromebook 10.2 Best Chromebook for Cricut Design Space
- Dragon Touch Max10 Tablet Best Budget Tablet for Cricut Design Space
- Lenovo Tab P12 Pro Best Cricut tablet for beginners
Apple iPad 12.9 (2022) Best tablet for Cricut Overall Our Pick
- Screen size: 12.9 inch
- Resolution: 2732 x 2048 pixels
- RAM: 8GB/16GB
- Storage: 128GB to 2 TB
- Processor: Apple M1
- Size: 33x82x5.7 mm
- Storage; 128GB/ 256GB/512GB
- Weight; 641g
Apple iPad Pro has for some time now been the best tablet you can buy for most professional tasks.
The latest 2022 iPad Pro version features a colorful screen that is both large and clear. Additionally, it features a nice magic keyboard compatibility and can be put inside a variety of cool cases.
This screen and accessories combined with powerful performance make it a perfect pick for Cricut.
Unfortunately, this tablet is quite expensive compared to other similar-sized tablets.
- Great Screen
- Powerful Processor
- Large RAM
- Large Storage Pen
- Premium Build
- Pencil bought Separate
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Best Android Tablet for Cricut on a budget
- Display: 10.4 inch
- Resolution: 2000 by 1200 pixels
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Processor: Exynos 9611
- Samsung S pen
If you are on a budget but still need a standalone tablet for Cricut, then we recommend the Samsung Galaxy S6 lite.
For a very affordable price slightly under 350$, you will get a fully portable Android tablet that will perfectly work with Cricut design space.
Samsung Galaxy S6 lite comes with Samsung’s standard S pen which is perfect. The screen is good with a 2000 by 1200 pixels resolution and 10.4 inches in size.
As for the performance, you will get a powerful Samsung Exynos 9611 processor and 4 GB RAM. This is more than enough to run Cricut and even Photoshop.
- Good screen
- Affordable Price
- Standalone Tablet
- Samsung S Pen
- Relatively Smaller
- No Audio Jack
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra Best Android Tablet for Cricut Design Space
Samsung Galaxy S6 lite is good and cheap but it features a small screen. If you want an Android tablet with a large screen that can stand in as an iPad alternative, we recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.
It comes with a larger screen than the iPad at 14.6 inches however, the resolution is lower at 1920 x 1080 Pixels Full Hd. The AMOLED screen is perfect for Cricut with a very clear and colorful display.
The tablet comes with a nice battery-free stylus S Pen similar to the one that comes with the Samsung Galaxy S6 lite.
- Great Display
- Good Battery-free S Pen
- 1920 x 1080 Pixels Full Hd
- Great iPad Alternative
Lenovo Tab P12 Pro Best tablet for Cricut beginners
- Size: 12.9 inches
- Screen resolution; 2560 by 1600 pixels
- Screen technology; Amoled Screen
- Stylus; Lenovo Precision Pen 3
- Pen pressure sensitivity; 4096
- Internal storage; 128GB, 256GB
- RAM; 6GB,8GB
- Operating system; Android
If you are a beginner with Cricut Design Space, we recommend the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro.
The Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is another fairly priced Android Tablet. Although it is not as good as the Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra, you will still get a good 12.9 inches as large as the iPad Pro.
The resolution is better than the S8 Ultra with a 2560 by 1600 pixels resolution which is perfect.
One downside of the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is the stylus pen. Although the pen is not as good as the Samsung S Pen, it will still work as a good pen for Cricut despite lower 4096 pen pressure accuracy.
For most drawing tablets 8192 pen pressure sensitivity is ideal. Processing power is also good enough for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Octa-core delivering a fast 3.2 GHz.
Combined with a 6 GB resolution, the tablet will not lag even if you multi-task it. You will not only be able to run Cricut but even more powerful software such as Photoshop and illustrator.
- Large Screen and Resolution
- Powerful RAM and processor
- Standalone Tablet
- Good for Beginners
- Pen is not the best
How To Choose The Best Tablet For Cricut Design Space
- Type of Tablet – Standalone tablets are recommended over Graphic and Pen Display tablets
- Processor – Modern Processor recommended
- Display and Resolution
- Storage Space
- Price Your overall budget